Long Tail Vs Short Tail Keywords
Strengths of Long Tail Keywords
- A much higher search volume.
- They have a specific and direct approach.
- Phrases of 5 or more words account for 80% of the total impressions on Google.
- They help you gain traffic on your blog even if your blog is relatively new.
Strengths of Short Tail Keywords
- You are fortunate if your short tail keyword featuring blog ranks in the top 10 searches. If such is the case, you can earn a big amount from the organic traffic of this blog.
- From the blogger’s point of view, they are very easy to write about.
- It is a broad term and can again massive traffic if the SEO is on point.
What are Long Tail Keywords?
Always Use Long Tail Keywords
Long tail keywords can be simply described as a phrase of three or four keywords, which is extremely specific in its approach. When a user searches for an exact phrase, he is clear about what he is looking for and thus, there is no buying of any vague information. Long tail keywords make the fact very clear that the user has a defined perception of what is he searching for. He is expected to have a pre-knowledge on the topic and he is looking exactly for the typed in information. Most likely he is going to make a purchase when he searches for something very specific.
We can better understand the long tail keywords with the help of an example. When you search the word ‘lipstick’ on Google, it will show you thousands of variety of the lipstick. But on the contrary, if you search for something as exact as ‘Mac Russian red lipstick’, Google will show you the exact product you are looking for. With this example, it is quite understandable to you now that when you make such searches you do that with an intention of making a purchase.
Other Keyword Research Resources
Where do we get all of this knowledge about keyword demand and keyword referrals? From research sources like these:
1. Keywords Everywhere – https://keywordseverywhere.com/
2. KWFinder – https://kwfinder.com/
3. SEMRush – https://semrush.com
4. BuzzSumo – https://buzzsumo.com
5. Google Search Console – https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/